Module 5 – Imperialism in “Kabuliwala”

Welcome to Module 5! (1.5 – 2 hours)

Here’s what you need to do this week:

1. Your project proposal is due at the beginning of next week. Instructions are in the ‘Assignments’ submenu. Don’t leave this or any questions you have until the last minute!

2. Read from the Anthology:
    – Vol. 6: “Rabindranath Tagore” (p. 3543);
    – “The Cabuliwallah” (pp. 3544-3549). Note: it is also spelt “Kabuliwala” in different editions, hence the discrepancy with the lecture, recorded when using a different anthology.

3. Watch the lecture below.

4. Fill out the exit ticket for this lecture so I can count your participation.

5. Do your Google doc duty.

6. Please take 5-10 min to fill in this anonymous midterm feedback form to help me gauge how things are going so far in the course. It helps me nip any issues in the bud and tailor the rest of the course to your needs as much as I can. I’d greatly appreciate your thoughts!

**I apologize, there was a bug while I recorded the video: the screen share stayed stuck on the first slide, and the captions were not recorded. I edited the video and added slide numbers to let you know when I transition from slide to slide. Please follow along with the PDF slides below. I have also written a transcript. My apologies again!**

Below is the lecture transcript:

Below are the PDF slides:

Wanna do more?